Tuesday, October 5, 2010

To the Pumpkin Patch we go!

As we were walking through the pumpkin (punkin as some say) patch, I was reminding Luke of our first Halloween together. We went to this same pumpkin patch with our church friends. So no - I did not cut my hair. Picture to the right, circa 2007. Anyhow, we were reminiscing about how everything was SO exciting during that first year of marriage. Our first Halloween season, our first Christmas, ect, ect. So this past cold, dreary Monday afternoon, I decided to drag our little family of 3 out of the house and into the pumpkin patch. I told Luke I wanted to pick our own pumpkin, as a family. I told him to pull Maddie in the wagon. My husband humors me so well! I couldn't help but feel that first-year-marriage excitement all over again. Everything is a first with Maddie and I fully intend on being excited about it.
Off we go! Let's find a pumpkin!


Found one!

My pumpkin pickers, happy with their choice!
(and both ready for a nap)
If you know Maddie at all...you can guess where the picture following this is headed...
Must EAT pumpkin!!!

Yay for Fall!! I am in love with this time of year, and loving sharing all the seasons and celebrations with my first for all of her firsts!!







4 comments:

  1. she is sooooooo adorable! i miss her so much! oh, and you and luke too. cannot wait until i can visit again next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pumpkin pickers!!!! I cannot wait to see you all! Kiss her for me. Love Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a couple of observations about Luke....he had a bad hairchut in the old picture and he looks really skinny in the current pictures! Is he eating enough?:):) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yes, mimi, he is eating enough. Surviving fairly well on homemade pizza ;) He has lost some weight since we got married though. And is doing much better with the haircuts since then too! I will let him know of your concerns though :)

    ReplyDelete